Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Tuesday night in Denver

I have made the bias decision that I live in the best neighborhood of Denver. When I first moved here that was definitely not the case! After the month long, drama filled adventure of living in an extended inn, on the floor of a vacant apartment, a cockroach, mice and bed bug infested apartment and finally my car.. I landed where I am now. Desperately searching, I found the studio I am renting through a post on craigslist. The owner even left his futon, TV and table which was a blessing considering I was left with nothing after the month from Hell. Five months in to my new place and dealing with more than my fair share of 'bad luck', my heater is finally working well and my fridge has not broken in over two months! To say the least, the black cloud that had been following me every single day for the first five months of my life in Denver finally seems to have lifted.

I have been slowly getting to know all that my neighborhood has to offer and am thoroughly loving it! Tonight, my friend and I walked down the street to a restaurant called Lime, which I have been to several times already. They serve the best margaritas I've ever tasted and $1 tacos on Tuesdays. The wait was 45min. however, so we continued our walk, ending at a place called Table 6. It was more upscale than I would normally choose, but very tasty! Afterward, we crossed the street to the Esquire Theater to see Slumdog Millionaire. This small, two movie viewing room theater has now made it to the top of my list of favorite movie theaters! It is old fashioned, comfortable and best of all.. about 4 blocks away from where I live!

Following the movie, we made the cold and snowy walk back to my apartment. It almost felt like Christmas to me! Yes, yes, I know it is February, but I am a 15-year Arizonan! When I see snow it is in Christmas movies. Nevertheless, the night was wonderful.

Maybe I am finally ajusting to Denver.. and Denver is finally adjusting to me.

4 comments:

  1. Kim - I am glad the cloud as lifted, and things are looking up. You can have a lot of fun on Capital Hill but don't forget to check out Denver's other great neighborhoods like Lo-Do, Cherry Creek, Five Points, Uptown, Highlands - there are great bars everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I have experienced my share of terrible, horrible, roach infested, mice ridden apartments and now I feel like I have a home. Keep your head held high and give your heater a kick every now and then... I hope it doesn't make the gawd awful noise my heater makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!
    I'm glad to hear the cloud is gone!
    I also love that theatre eventhough I've only been once,
    What did you think about Slumdog?
    I thought it was sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Slumdog! I bought the soundtrack on iTunes after hearing it ina yoga class and am sooo obsessed! EVERYONE needs to listen to that!

    ReplyDelete